Sometimes, you may find your body is asking for more special care and attention than is possible in general classes, no matter how attentive your teacher may be. After a decade of teaching all kinds of people, these days I love help folks with niggles or pain to get onto their yoga mats and use the practice as a means of working with the discomfort. Yoga is an amazing therapeutic tool when it is used with discernment and respect for your particular body.
Feel Better In Your Body Series
At some point or another, many of us in modern life experience some level of physical discomfort either in the course of daily life or in our yoga practice. I certainly have and I can say with confidence that yoga can be a fantastic way to create greater comfort and ease.
- aches and pains
- injuries that never came quite right
- tightness that never really goes away.
The workshops in this series will:
- work gently and holistically to help you figure out how to manage your niggles within the context of your yoga practice. Often a few simple poses done mindfully on a consistent basis can make a world of difference to your daily comfort and ease in your body.
- teach you alternatives for poses that tend to aggravate your discomfort. These alternatives will be useful in your own home practice and also in classes you may attend.
You can come along:
- Yoga Support for Shoulders, Neck and Wrists – Sunday, March 19 – 1-3:30pm
- Yoga for Back Rescue – Sunday, April 23 – 1-3:30pm
- Yoga Help for Hips, Knees and Ankles – Sunday, May 21 – 1-3:30pm
If you like, I will be happy to discuss your situation with your health care provider directly in order to determine the suitability of the workshop. Email kelly (at) kellyfisheryoga(dot) com or ring 021 889 048 to discuss.
Play Dates are extended yoga classes, where you will have the opportunity to explore some of the nuances of your yoga practice in a fun and supportive environment. You’ll get to know other students better and you’ll dive a little deeper into your own practice while contributing to community.
Each time we explore a different subtlety. Participants are invited to share their opinions and experiences. We have a great time, some good laughs and a few a-ha moments to boot!
Fine tune your Asana
It’s all about working SMARTER, not harder.
The loops of Anusara yoga are deceptively simple concepts that, once understood and integrated into your practice, will transform your yoga postures in profound ways. Learn the subtleties that will help you strengthen your core, release your neck and shoulders and free up your hips in every single posture. And with far less effort than you would think.
**Students must have at least 6 months consistent yoga practice to be eligible to attend.
Create your own home practice
Ever wanted to do a little yoga at home but aren’t sure where to start?
Will you be travelling for a while without access to your regular classes?
Do you want to deepen your practice and your relationship with yourself beyond what is possible in a group setting?
Practicing yoga on your own can be a wonderful experience and it doesn’t have to be fancy, complicated or stressful.
Join me to learn some simple guidelines for creating a juicy, fulfilling and exciting practice for yourself.